Skip to content

Text size:



Portsmouth City Council provide training for PAs and Individual Employers, funding is available to Individual Employers through Skills for Care.

Paying for Training

Individual Employers, if you receive a direct payment from Adult Social Care, you will receive funding for training course relevant to your PAs role.

If you are a self-employed PA you are responsible for paying for any training you are required or wish to attend.

Portsmouth City Council Training Courses

Portsmouth City Council Training Directory lists all of the planned courses and the costs.  If the training you are looking for is not included please get in touch with the training coordinator Julie.  If you find a course you wish to attend, please download the booking form and follow the instructions for booking.

Skills for Care Individual Employer Funding

Individual Employers maybe able to claim a reimbursement for training and associated costs such as, travel and the cost of hiring replacement support whilst your usual PA is attending training.  Click here for more information on further details and how to apply for the funding.

Personal Assistants

To be a PA you don’t have to have a qualification, you do need to have the values that are important to individuals, a desire to support people and work with people.

Skills for Care have developed a guide to Being a PA which we would encourage all PAs to read.