FEMALE PERSONAL ASSISTANT REQUIRED FOR SOCIAL SUPPORT ON SATURDAYS (1PM – 5PM) (POSTED 31/08/2021)
WHO I AM:
I am a very sociable 19 year old lady with Cerebral Palsy.
I live along in my Extra Care flat at Maritime House.
I attend college weekdays from 9:30am until 3:30pm.
I enjoy spending time listening to music, watching American football, playing games on the Wii.
MY DAILY ROUTINE:
I wake up 7am and go to bed by 7:30pm.
During the day (when I am not at college) I am supported by carers five times a day (7am, 12:30pm, 3pm, 5pm and 7:30pm). They support me with; hoisting me from bed to wheelchair, personal care (pad changes/showers), getting dressed, making me meals / drinks and handing me my medication.
I am looking for a female Personal Assistant to provide extra support to me on weekends (in addition to the above support) in the following areas:
* ADMIN TASKS; Help me with admin tasks; opening post, completing paperwork, college work / online learning
* KEEP ME COMPANY; having conversations, playing the Wii with me,
* TAKING ME SHOPPING; I enjoy going to Primark and Costa Coffee.
* SUPPORT back up for when I go out with my boyfriend / friends (ie help me if my wheelchair stops working, support with passing food/drink)
* EMOTIONS: I struggle handling my emotions and frustrations at times. I will need support and guidance on how to manage these situations and for a PA to provide reassurance and calmness.
* BOUNDARIES; I will need support around relationship boundaries and behaviours. For example, I can sometimes get fixated on an issue and have difficulty letting go. I will need a PA to be firm and honest with me and allow me to talk through my frustrations to prevent situations/anxieties from escalating.
* PERSONAL CARE; I may need support wiping my face and ensuring my hair is kept out of my face and maintaining my dignity when out and about.
Please phone me on 07384711340
Genders which may apply for this job – Female
Hours per week – 5
Hourly rate – 10
Area – Central Portsmouth, North Portsmouth
Driving licence required – No
Employer has pets – No
Employer is smoker – No
Required care experience – Mental Health, Sensory Impairment, Unpaid Experience (Caring for Family, Friends or Neighbours)
For your privacy and protection when applying for a job online:
- Never provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
- By applying for a job using this site you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the terms and conditions for use of this site.